Print Page | Close Window

Bilge pump

Printed From: The Paceship Website
Category: The Paceship Website Direction & Governance
Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Description: This area is for website and forum general governance and direction - We need your input!
URL: http://paceshipforums.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=501
Printed Date: 18 Sep 2019 at 1:02am

Topic: Bilge pump
Posted By: bcc101
Subject: Bilge pump
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 4:26pm
When we purchased our PY23 in addition to other issues the bilge pump had been removed.
There is and approx. 1/2 hose connected to the cockpit drain and another corrugated hose that went to th cabin floor.
There are four holes on the port side lazerete spaced a few inches apart.
Just wondering what others have for a bilge pump so that I may consider replacing what is missing.
Thanks
Bruce

Replies:
Posted By: sgancarz
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 9:30am
My PY26 has a Whale Gusher manual pump installed on the back side of the aft cabin bulkhead in the lazarette.  It utilizes 1-1/2" clear vinyl hose connected to the cockpit drain and 1-1/2" clear vinyl hose going to the bilge.  I also have a 500 gph electric pump with liquid level switch in the bilge that ties into the galley sink drain.

-------------
Stephen Gancarz
1975 PY26

Racine, WI

Posted By: bcc101
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 11:02pm
Thanks for the information. I will attempt to find a Whale pump at a reasonable price and may use the sink drain for an additional pump.
I am planning to not have the sink drain through the cockpit drain but will use a separate container for the sink.
We really do not plan to have much use of the sink and I am trying to simplify things a bit.
Bruce

Print Page | Close Window