The Paceship Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomePaceship SailboatsGeneral Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Frustration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcc101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frustration
    Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 11:03pm
After spending three years restoring my PY23K I have reached my level of frustration. Living in Upstate NY I have found my window to work on the boat has been dictated by the weather. Last summer we had almost twice the normal rainfall.
It got to be a joke that it was Wednesday it is not raining so have to mow the lawn.
I am contemplating parting the boat out and am curious what needs there are in the Paceship community.
The mast and boom are good , I serviced the winches and they are stored away. The main is a Sobstad in very good shape as is the drifter. The genoa and jib are serviceable as is the spinnaker.
I am just curious if the boat would be better keeping others going.
Thanks
Bruce
Pat_D View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 11:43am
In General, I’m for keeping things going. What can be so wrong with a sailboat with good last and sails, that it cannot sail?
PY26 "Sun Kissed", currently ̶
D̶e̶t̶r̶o̶i̶t̶ 2016
̶ ̶D̶u̶n̶k̶i̶r̶k̶ ̶N̶Y̶ 2017
Kingston NY 2017
bcc101 View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcc101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 11:19pm

Server Error in Forum Application
An error has occurred while connecting to the database.
Please contact the Forum Administrator.

Support Error Code:- err_Access_db_connection
File Name:- database_connection.asp
Forum Version:- 10.12

Error details:-
Microsoft JET Database Engine
Could not use ''; file already in use.

bcc101 View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcc101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 11:26pm
My biggest problem has been being able to work on the boat. I had to replace a pretty good portion of the deck . The boat was left outside, uncovered in Sackets harbor for about 8 years. 
To date I have recored and have the deck ready for major sanding. 
Hoping this Summer will allow more opportunities to do the work.
I am also rebuilding the cabinet but for the most part it is an inside job.
To ease the pressure of not sailing we purchased an addition boat to use for the next couple years.
So. At this point we are keeping the Paceship and going ahead with the work.
Incidentally I also have a Flying Scot for sale if any readers know of a person interested in one.

Thanks
Bruce 
Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 11:29pm
Nice to hear you are going to continue on with the restoration.  With the completion of replacing the deck core sounds like one of the worst jobs is behind you.  I bought a PY23 from Navy Point in Sackett Harbor. Sailed there for a year then brought it to Brewerton NY.  Hopefully this summer there is less rain for us then last year.

Airway Tony View Drop Down
Jedi
Jedi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airway Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 1:08pm
good to hear your going to keep up the fight Bruce! Especially since i haven't seen a whole lot of "K's" on the forum. i've just finished replacing the fore-stay and replaced a twisted foil on the the roller fuller on my '76 PY23. now i can raise and lower my furling genny without having to un-step the mast every time hurricane comes visiting! still many more projects to do but at least i can sail her!
Tony-Airway/'76 PY23
bcc101 View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcc101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 1:27pm
It will be nice to get back to work on the boat. Today we are expecting an inch of snow and a wet week ahead. Just hope it was not like last summer.
I did finish doing the recore work. Put in a few hard spots to add some other hardware. Now, once I can uncover the boat the sanding begins.
A roller furler would be a nice addition but will have to wait a while for that. 
Enjoy your sail in the sun.
Bruce
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic