The Paceship Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomePaceship SailboatsGeneral Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YSM8 diesel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YSM8 diesel
    Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 10:33am
Installed new impeller,thermostat,oil change.will install fuel filter today.did a valve job ,
injector and injector pump rebuild 2years ago.Normaly she is an easy start.not today,
but finaly did and stopped after 5min.not not even and sign of life after. bled the lines  
for air,seemed ok.still no luck.I am going to see if water in the fuel could be the problem..
The question is if any one has had a probem with discharge an exhaust elbow buidup and
could it cause an abrupt stop or a hard start,starter a batterys are good,but zip??
Big E
Big E View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 11:17am
Re My YSM8   
It stopped due to lack of fuel,sludge buildup in the fuel tank would you believe,
even after using an anti sludge additive.Removed the tank,it's cleaned and tested 
for flow,it's ok now.Puting it back in will be just as much fun as getting it out????

Big E
madmaxd2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madmaxd2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 9:54pm
glad you found the cause.....metal or fiberglass/plastic tank?
Big E View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 5:04pm
The tank  is aluminum,a really good looking welded unit.

Edited by Big E - 11 Aug 2017 at 5:34pm
Big E
Administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 1:26pm
One thing I always encourage diesel owners to install is a diesel water separator like this unit. They are cheap (like 40 bucks) and show you in an instant if you have issues with water and allow you to drain out any accumulating water before it becomes a problem. 

Edited by Administrator - 12 Aug 2017 at 1:31pm
Jay Moran
Founder, The Paceship Website
My PPP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic