The Paceship Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomePaceship SailboatsGeneral Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Everyone Sailing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 9:17pm
I'm not sailing, per se, but halfway through the Erie Canal. Hit a deadhead with the prop yesterday, get pulled tomorrow to check out the new vibration. That may be a thousand dollar log. Keep your eyes peeled--I was looking at a bridge, and it was not even a really cool one.
PY26 "Sun Kissed", currently Dunkirk NY
Serenity View Drop Down
Jedi
Jedi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serenity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 7:11pm
Well, that was an expensive stick. When I was a kid in the family speedboat, my father always had me on the lookout for things in the water.

Serenity is no longer a thing in the water. Hauled out and brought the boat home today. Figure I used it about 10 hours all season. Hopefully I can double that, or better, next season.

Pat_D View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 10:00pm
I'd go go for squares, Serenity--100. Still in the yard, a prop coming from Detroit by rental car in an hour or so. I think the $1000 will be just the labor cost--nothing went easy (natch). Sailing (or even motoring) is much more fun. On the other hand, aw, never mind. Grin and bear it.
madmaxd2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madmaxd2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 8:22pm
we are high and dry, not a real good summer sailing but alot of time spent on it relaxing..... 
David View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 5:17pm
The Walrus went on the beach 2 weeks ago too. Scheming to go back to Exuma on Windward (45ft Ketch) in February.

cheers
The Walrus, Collins Bay, Ontario
My Page
Pat_D View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 11:53pm
Passed through the canal yesterday, step the mast tomorrow AM. Then down the Hudson.
Final bill $1800. Includes a new prop, a spare when the Martec folder is refurbished.
Airway Tony View Drop Down
Jedi
Jedi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airway Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 4:13pm
Unstepped the mast before Irma came for her brief visit. Airway did fine but Tweety her sister ship in the yard fell off her trailer.Thumbs Down
Tony-Airway/'76 PY23
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic