The Paceship Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomePaceship SailboatsMaintenance & Restoration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

rigging pins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rigging pins
    Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 12:25pm
When I bought Sun Kissed my shroud and other rigging pins are held with circle clips. A clip (one of the skinnier ones)on a shroud undid/sheared, the fitting came apart, and I almost lost my mast in pretty breezy weather, the pin ended up just hanging on.
So, what is the preferred means of securing a pin. Those circle clips, cotter pin...and how does one protect them from catching on stuff?
Thanks,
Pat
PY26 "Sun Kissed", currently Dunkirk NY
sgancarz View Drop Down
Jedi
Jedi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sgancarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 11:13pm
Cotter rings and rigging tape are normally used together.  I also used sections of PVC pipe that slide down over the turnbuckles and extend up the shrouds to assist in keeping my jib sheets from catching.
Stephen Gancarz
1975 PY26

Racine, WI
madmaxd2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote madmaxd2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 9:33pm
for a temporary solution I have used the shower rod covers [they are split and overlap], cut to size and works great [and cheap!].....plus we usually always tape any clips or even the tightening nuts on the turnbuckles

Edited by madmaxd2001 - 30 Jun 2017 at 9:35pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic