The Paceship Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeThe Paceship Website Direction & GovernanceNew Forum Comments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Homepage URL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jedi
Jedi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgancarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Homepage URL
    Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 7:07pm
Jay,

Can we extend the number of characters in the homepage field for a members profile? This is the same problem I had with the old forum.  The number of characters is too few to allow a members PPP URL to be posted. 

Keep up the good work!
Stephen Gancarz
1975 PY26

Racine, WI
Administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 11:25am
Stephen,

It is not practical to extend the field as first I would have to fine the code and then reconfigure the database.  That would be ok but then if the forum were updated to a new version, it would have to be done again and again.  

I do however, have a solution.  It looks like we are a character or so short to make our PPP file fit.

To gain three characters, remove the www. (www dot) from the string and it should fit.

Example

the www has become superfluous on the web over the last few years.

If push comes to shove I can provide an even shorter file version to fit.

Let me know!

Jay Moran
Founder, The Paceship Website
My PPP
sgancarz View Drop Down
Jedi
Jedi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgancarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 11:56am
That will work!
Stephen Gancarz
1975 PY26

Racine, WI
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic