The Paceship Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomePaceship SailboatsGeneral Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OMC Saildrive

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madmaxd2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 11:40am
I used a conventional vacumn pulse fuel pump. similar to a snowmobile or some John Deere Lawn tractors.. I put a bung in the valve cover and run it from there.... Didnt need to use a  regulator with this setup
sgancarz View Drop Down
Jedi
Jedi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgancarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2016 at 12:12am
This engine has a full crankcase ventilation system to meet emission standards, so I don't think the vacuum pulse pump would work here.
Stephen Gancarz
1975 PY26

Racine, WI
sgancarz View Drop Down
Jedi
Jedi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgancarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 9:53pm
Well it's time to resurrect my engine thread once again.  I have begun the work of planning out the new wiring harness for the engine.  So far I have spent many hours working in Visio to complete the circuit design. I have also sourced all of the connectors and relays to be used in the harness.

The area that I had to put the most thought into was the alarm circuit for the over-temp, oil pressure, and the alternator.  I ended up designing an alarm module that will be incorporated into the harness.  This module contains three DPDT relays that will allow the audible alarm to activate along with the light on the control panel.  

The other thing that I did was to set up the oil pressure switch to not only provide an alarm, but will also shut down the fuel pump with a loss of oil pressure.  This is an ABYC standard when utilizing an electric fuel pump.  Most will just add a second oil pressure switch to shut down the pump, but I do not have room to add a tee where the switch screws into the block, so I reverted back to some 1970's technology.  

I remembered back when I owned my Chevy Vega, it incorporated a fuel pump shutdown circuit into the oil pressure switch.  So I broke out and old wiring diagram and was able to straight-line the circuit and incorporate it into my design.

Click the image below to open up a pdf version of the new wiring diagram.

Stephen Gancarz
1975 PY26

Racine, WI
sgancarz View Drop Down
Jedi
Jedi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgancarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2017 at 7:10pm
Weather looks like it might be decent this weekend.  Thinking about trying to shoehorn the engine down into the lazzerette.

Anyone else out there starting their spring projects yet?
Stephen Gancarz
1975 PY26

Racine, WI
Airway Tony View Drop Down
Jedi
Jedi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airway Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 12:11pm
As always you guys never cease to amaze me with your wealth of info and knowledge! Here in the southern fleet we are in the thick of the breeze! 15-20 k SSE in the bay!
Tony-Airway/'76 PY23
sgancarz View Drop Down
Jedi
Jedi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgancarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 8:24pm
Alas, the engine is actually sitting high atop it's new mount.  Took a couple of hours but it is finally in the boat.  In order to get the engine through the lazzarette opening I had to take everything I could off of the top of the engine.  Then I had to remove the oil filter, as it was hitting on the way in.  Actually went down through the seat opening much easier than I anticipated.  Biggest issue was getting it down under the cockpit floor.  Very little clearance, but I finally got it shoehorned down in there and up on the mounts.  I still need to align the shafts and tighten everything down, but that is for another day.

Here are some pics of today's progress.

Stephen Gancarz
1975 PY26

Racine, WI
madmaxd2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madmaxd2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 10:35pm
again, very impressive.. I am amazed by the engine bay, its seems so much different and clean than my 75...... is that a fuel tank?, I use a typical outboard tank up top to feed my B/S...

sgancarz View Drop Down
Jedi
Jedi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgancarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 3:28pm
Did a lot of cleaning and painting prior to installing everything.  Will still have some cleanup to do once the project is complete.

Yes, that is my fuel tank aft of the engine.  I had installed this years ago for my outboard, because my first Paceship had an internal fuel tank.  I also found it to be easier than having to mess with a portable tank every time I wanted to go out.  Although I had to make some modifications to get the fuel filler up out of the sole of the cockpit from my original installation.
Stephen Gancarz
1975 PY26

Racine, WI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic