The Paceship Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeThe Paceship Website Direction & GovernanceGeneral Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the new Paceship Forums

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Welcome to the new Paceship Forums
    Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 7:09pm
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Welcome to the new Paceship Forums. Actually, this might be a misnomer because the new forums are a lot more than just that...there are many new features, many of which I don't even know much about as yet! Please help us to explore the utilities of the site and help point them out to other adventurers here!.

Before I go on, I want to thank those folks who have stepped up to support this investment for the membership. I have repeatedly invested altruistically on behalf of our community over the past and I have done it again here now. I am not asking for thanks as it is a labor of love for now approaching 12 years. However I can't (really don't think it is appropriate) for me to pony up for the ongoing outlays of cash to keep this site ongoing. This time the membership (with one donation and several decal purchases) paid for about half of the $300 investment for this new system.

I made the investment in an effort to eliminate the very difficult spam situation we have been facing in addition to upgrading the system very significantly for the membership.

We need more of those who come to this board both now and the future to step up to support the current investment and the hosting and support bill going forward. If you use it, please support it either by decal or other purchase or by a donation. Small donations count and they all help!

Back to this board...
It has many features including a chat system, calendar and poll system. You will be able to upload photos and links like never before too which will help us share I knowledge and our precious boats and their cargo! Together we will explore all its possibilities!

Additionally, there will be bugs to work out...if it is not working please let me or the moderators know.
Regarding moderators, we are seeking volunteers. At this moment I do not know who is really actively moderating so please let me know who is and if you would like to be a moderator...the duties are indeed "moderate" at most!

Anyway, please join in, support and participate. It is the few activities of many that make our community vibrant!

Fair winds to all!

Please let me know of any issues you find...it will take time but we will work them out eventually!

Remember you can still find info on the Olde Forum Board by going here!

Jay Moran
Founder.

Edited by Administrator - 24 Aug 2012 at 12:05pm
Jay Moran
Founder, The Paceship Website
My PPP
gotwind View Drop Down
Jedi
Jedi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gotwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 7:10am
Jay,
  Forum is looking great!  Just need to get everyone to sign on over here....

Is there a way to subscribe to threads that we have started/replied to? 

Thanks for doing this!

Kevin

Edited by gotwind - 31 Aug 2011 at 7:15am
1974 PY23 "Barely Awake"
First Production PY23!
SANWALD View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SANWALD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 3:17am
Thanks Jay,

ClapClapClapClapClap

Nice suprise this morning.

Ron
Ron Joslin
SANWALD 1976 PY-23 Nr.452
Sebastian FL
Administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 11:36am
All are welcome...

On thread subscription...yes, it IS enabled but apparently not yet working.

It is on the long list of items I am working but will get it done asap!

Edited by Administrator - 30 Jun 2013 at 1:21pm
Jay Moran
My PPP
Priority One View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priority One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 5:07pm
Great stuff, Ray.  Have decals, how else can I give support? Just seen the burgee info - would love one and have voted.

Edited by Priority One - 18 Sep 2011 at 5:25pm
Priority One View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priority One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 5:13pm
Follow up on rudder repair listed in old forum - sailing just great and no bending in it at all.  Very heavy now, of course, and I may use the knowledge you posted in the old forum on building a wooden rudder (glassed over of course) over the winter to lighten the weight on the transom which is also bearing a 9.9 evenrude.
Really impressed with a 26's sailing - faster, stiff, next to no weatherhelm, and I can even leave her to steer herself for a minute or two - when autopilot not engaged.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2011 at 7:18pm
Bill,

It is JAY not RAY but...

You can call me RAY, or you can call me Jay but yous doesn't have to call me late for dinner!  ;-)

As for more ways to donate...I am looking at the burgee concept but am open to other products we could make up for members.  Just advise!

~J~
Jay Moran
My PPP
sgancarz View Drop Down
Jedi
Jedi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgancarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 1:33pm

Jay,

Currently the system will only allow pictures to be linked from another URL.  Can the system be set to allow uploads to a post from a users local computer?

Thanks,

Stephen Gancarz
1975 PY26

Racine, WI
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 3:46pm
Stephen,

Yes, it is a feature and it is one we will liven up as soon as we can configure it.

It is definitely on the list to get done.  It requires some file and security work to be done on our server and will take some time to get it done...but we will!

So much to do, so little time!

Edited by Administrator - 27 Sep 2011 at 3:47pm
Jay Moran
My PPP
Big E View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011 at 3:47pm
Hi Jay
Re Including photos Squid has Pictures of the interior of his PY26,
 would have been great to show how mine turned out, but have
not been able load them from my Picturs file, can include photos
in emails seem to be unable to figure out how to them with posts
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011 at 9:16pm
It is on the project list but we have not gotten it done yet.  We have started it but it is complicated and  time consuming.

We will get it done when we can!
Jay Moran
My PPP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic